LED technology is evolving right before our eyes. Just a couple of years ago there were only a few LED flashlight options on retail shelves. Now many stores offer just as many LED flashlights as standard incandescent ones. Just as recently as a year ago the standard LED flashlight wasn’t all that powerful, usually it couldn’t cast an equivalent amount of lumens (light) to match the average incandescent flashlight. Plus, LED flashlights were priced well above their relative incandescent equivalents.
Fast forward a year and many things have changed. In mid 2010, Nebo introduced its Nebo Reline, which redefined the consumer LED flashlight standard with a flashlight that could shine 150 yards away (more than a football field). Consumers have fallen in love with the Nebo Redline. However, a suggested retail range of $29.99 – $34.99 has scared some away from purchasing the Redline. Nebo’s response was to come out with the lower cost Nebo Blueline, which has 130 lumens of light as apposed to the 220 lumens of the Redline. If you are simply looking for a flashlight for around the house or walking outside in the dark the Nebo Blueline is more than sufficient. It might not be able to shine 1.5 football fields away, but it is more than sufficient for day-to-day tasks in the dark. Plus, all the other features of the Nebo Blueline are the same as the Nebo Redline.
Nebo Blueline Features:
- 130 lumens of light
- 1x-4x light (switch between spot light to flood light)
- SOS strobe signal setting
- LED light life (110,000 hours)
- Waterproof, anodized aircraft grade aluminum body
- Steel body clip
- Magnetic base enables hands free lighting
- Aggressive self-defense head
- Glow in the dark on/off button
- Soft/Hard touch – Soft (half click) allows you to rotate through functions without turning the flashlight off between settings. Hard touch (full button click) by user will turn light off between light settings.